Tierra Patagonia is a friendly, welcoming hotel in a sublime location in the uttermost south of Chile. The hotel is surrounded by nature, in splendid isolation, overlooking Lake Sarmiento and the towering peaks of Torres del Paine National Park which was named a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in 1978. The hotel architecture and interiors radiate an ambiance of Patagonian warmth and comfort. Large windows provide excellent mountain and lake views. Hotel facilities include the living room, bar, dining room, excursions area, library, TV lounge, iPads for guest use, Wi-Fi, store, outdoor terrace and full Uma Spa.
Exclusive SmartNights Amenities
The following amenities are subject to availability at the time of check-in/departure:
- $100 USD Spa Services credit, per person, per stay
- Welcome Amenity
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Number of Rooms: 40
3 Standard Rooms - 33 m² / 356 ft²
In-room tub - view of Torres del Paine - extra beds do not fit (due to tub).
24 Superior Rooms - 36 m² / 340 ft²
Shower and tub in bathroom – view of Torres del Paine – only one extra bed fits
10 Interconnected Superior Rooms - (5 interconnected rooms 36 m² / 340 ft² each) – an extra bed fits in each room – maximum capacity is 6
3 Suites - 51 m² / 549 ft²
Two-story suite – loft with couch and coffee table (at room entrance) – first floor bedroom and bathroom – window on each floor with Torres del Paine view
Tierra Patagonia Dining
Tierra Patagonia's Chef uses local products like seafood from the Strait of Magellan, lamb and beef from neighboring ranches as well as native calafate berries to prepare healthy, delicious meals. Guests can also experience a traditional Patagonian barbecue, which features the slow-cooking of a lamb over coals. Vegetarian dishes are always available. There is an extensive menu of Chilean wines, artisan beers and classic cocktails.
Map / Location
[ Print Directions ]
- From Punta Arenas Airport, take ROUTE 9 heading NORTH, travel approximately 250 km to Puerto Natales. There are a couple of places to stop along the way for bathrooms and food if necessary, but there are no gas stations once you pass Kilometer 40 on the road from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales
- At this point you may head into Puerto Natales (all services are available) or continue on ROUTE 9 going NORTH towards Cerro Castillo.
- Travel approximately 55 km. from Puerto Natales to Cerro Castillo.
- At Cerro Castillo, follow the roundabout towards “Torres del Paine”, due NORTH. Cerro Castillo is the last stopping point before the hotel. “El Ovejero” is a good place for a bathroom break, something to eat or browsing through books and looking at souvenirs.
- From Cerro Castillo, travel approximately 31 km due NORTH. The road will turn from asphalt to gravel about half way through.
- You will arrive at a crossroads where there is a small shed (bus stop) and large sign that says “Cerro Guido 17 km.” Just before reaching this crossroads, you will see some large white and red roofed buildings on your left.
- You should make a left at the crossroads (this road leads to two National Park entrances, Portería Sarmiento and Laguna Amarga).
- After the left turn, travel approximately 4 km. On your left hand side, there will be a red gate with black posts which is the entrance to Tierra Patagonia.
- Follow that road approximately 800 meters to the hotel entrance where we will help you park your vehicle.
Nearby airports: Punta Arenas [Presidente C. I. del Campo], Chile
Distance: 206 miles